View Single Post
3/30/13, 2:27 PM   #3
Re: Hi velocity intakes
MC@Performance Fab

Thanks for all of your views and phone calls.
I will answer a few of the questions I have been fielding.
What does a complete clamp on style GSXR weight? at 5.5LBS its the lightest intake of its style on the market and the best priced.
How does it compare with intakes running the OEM stacks? The unequal length stock stacks are great at making a very smooth power curve and if I were looking to go riding a bike thru the mountains around here they would be fine. However for the short track market you need maximum performance from the hit of the throttle and thats something the stock stacks don't do well. The great thing about the late model bike motors is they make really good HP. The bad thing about them is they only make half the torque compared to HP and this makes them soft on corner exit. On bikes with the staggered stacks you bang gears to keep the motor in the optimum rpm range, can't do that with a short track car. Thats what Hi Velocity Intakes are all about, much better corner exit power makes for much better top speed and lap times, much easier to pass cars with the corner exit power improvement.
Heres a link to the past couple of years customer feedback.
http://dwarfcarracing.com/forums/sho...locity-intakes
Last edited by MC@Performance Fab; 3/30/13 at 2:32 PM.