View Single Post
8/26/08, 8:51 AM   #18
Re: New Midwest TQ Racing Series Forming
Shawn

I totally agree with TQ97. There has never been another series come into the area that UMRA races. UMRA is pretty much drama each season, but it's not drama from great racing, or car counts, like it used to be. Each year, there's something that creates a stir with this series. Each year, the Goff Racing cars, teams, or drivers are at the center of it all. Whether it's doing idiotic things on the track, complaining about weight and motors, or just the fact that they get back, they're always doing NOTHING good for the sport, period.

I also read where someone said that the Goff's sell tickets. Are you kidding me?! I know quite a few people that don't go to UMRA events, simply because of how the series is run and the Goff's. UMRA has not and will not stand up to the Goff's, especially Terry. UMRA's made their bed, so let them sleep in it. If my thought's are correct, they won't have a bed in a year or two.

Now, back to the new series. If this new series listens to the drivers and teams, then they can be successful. Have them be involved with everything that goes on. Have ALL of the rules "cut and dry", so there's no need for judgement calls, all of the time. Whether it's on the track, or down to motors and chassis. Really appreciate the racers and teams. This really goes a long way, I think! They are who is putting on a show for your series. Finally, appreciate the fans and give them some good, fair, quality entertainment that is we can tell is being run by a great, professional organization!

Thank you! :checkered: