View Single Post
3/30/09, 3:54 PM   #7
Re: Winning by Judgement
sprinter25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Clauson View Post
Not what I am saying at all and with or out an official's "judgement" there will always be "repercussions" for Bulldozing" the leader on the last lap.

I guess where I am trying to make sense of this is actually in two ways

#1 if this happens during the race before the last lap is it then ok ??? if not how do you stop the race to enforce the rule ?

#2 how do a limited # officials watch up to 24 midgets in a race and enforce this rule justifiably for all competitors ?

Again I not saying my way of thinking is right or wrong I would just like to hear a good argument for and or against the trend of "making calls" during a race.

Tim Clauson
When it occurs does not matter, in my mind. You wreck someone to pass them, you should get the boot.

But you point out a real problem - how do officials, limited in number, watch everyone?

Simple answer, they can't...physically impossible. So some will be missed. But if they make the majority of calls correctly and equitably, chances are that the rooting and gouging will stop.

But I can tell you from personal experience that I've had an official tell me that he "...didn't see anything..." when everyone in the pits and the grandstand saw it.
I lost a lot of respect for the guy when that happenned......