View Single Post
3/30/09, 1:31 PM   #3
Re: Winning by Judgement
LEADERS EDGE

Me personally, I really didn't have a problem with what Loyet did. Did I have a preference as to who won? No; because I know and like Brad Kuhn as well.

I don't feel Loyet was being dirty. I feel he was urgent for the win. I don't mean he is a desperate person, but when you have an opportunity to win something and everything is on the line, winners get a sense of urgency for the win. He saw his spot and he took it. Not too much unlike what J. Johnson did for the win at Martinsville.

Was it dangerous? Not really. I honestly don't believe that he would have done the same thing if he where at Belleville KS., Eldora etc....

That said; I will say that Powri has had a rule in place since last year that prohibts contact such as that. It is a known and enforced rule so it shouldn't have been a surprise when the race was awarded to Kuhn. As long as they are consistant, I don't mind the rule.

In my personal opinion I align more with Tim as that is a very subject call to make at times and I personally hate to see any race decided by an official.

It was a great show and I'm glad that Kuhn and Felker won as they deserved it.

I was also impressed at how quickly both guys got out of their cars. Who says the HANS and containment seats limit the ability and speed you can get out of these cars?