View Single Post
11/4/18, 3:56 PM   #1
D2 Midgets with wings?
hoscalecody

Since D2's run with lightning sprints non wing with a few series, why can't D2's put a wing on and race with lightning sprints? I would understand if a D2 went out with a wing and half tracked the whole field of mini sprints but, i'm not sure if it's ever been tested on dirt before in the US. If i remember correctly they allow 2.4l and even v6's in Austrailia to run with the lightning sprints. We've been running mini sprints since 2013 and considered going D2 but after thinking about it we decided not to because if say Montpelier cancels guess what you're not racing unless you go over to Illinois. Where in a mini sprint if Montpelier cancels you can either run with Waynesfield or MMSA if they haven't canceled. It would give D2 drivers more chance to race more, even though in my opinion winged racing sucks. I don't see why a track or series won't just allow testing just to find out if it will work or not. Last thing is it could help with car count. It may have been done before but with my research I haven't found anything. I've talked to a few other racers and they said they wouldn't have a problem with it as long as it was competitive where either or isn't way ahead but never could get an answer from a series.
Last edited by hoscalecody; 11/4/18 at 5:48 PM.

1 member likes this post: DAD