View Single Post
8/16/19, 7:45 PM   #2
Re: Jacksonville Midget Championships Sunday Aug 18th
kdobson

Sometimes my forgetfulness is a good thing. Wednesday morning was spent trying to get creative in recycling a trophy for Sunday's Jacksonville Midget Championships because I knew there was nothing cool I could have done by Sunday.... I even reached out to the son of a legendary midget racer wondering if I could buy a vintage trophy to give away... because I had totally forgot to get one for this event..

Then Eric Barnett of Precision Plating in Quincy texts me asking "Is there anything I could do to help with Sunday's Show?"

Uhhhh... Eric... I don't have a trophy.. any way you could solve that one?

By end of day Friday I have this jewel to give to the winner of Sunday's Race. I say it because I know many of you have seen Eric around open wheel races throughout the Midwest. You've probably seen some of his chrome work on some of the Reynolds/Flea Ruzic stable of Midgets. I just wanted to thank him publicly for a couple of late nights.. worlds of talent... and absolute dedication to the sport we love.

Thanks for the 48 Hour trophy Eric. You never know what kind of talent is sitting next to you in the grandstands of a race track.

Last edited by kdobson; 8/16/19 at 7:47 PM.