View Single Post
12/13/15, 9:38 AM   #141
Re: Tonights midget show
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

I wasn't there so I won't post anything negative about it that hasn't already been said,

Its not the first flop. Twas Night before Midgets back at Kemper tanked bad. Said second night was a bit better racing.

One thing I've notice is event promoters and facility staff seem to have no direct contact during a event. Doors never opened, or closed before a feature etc.

Last Indoor I did was Du quoin 2012, was lucky it was a 45* rainy day and the back garage door which is 35ft tall remained open. Only had about a ten minute period during consi's where fumes bugged me at all and the racing at Du quoin Indoor was spectacular.. IF YOU DID LAST NIGHT, DO NOT LET THAT DETER YOU FROM DU QUION.

I seen a several video clips from last night and noticed several things. One, The infield was too skinny and provided no different lines for the corners other than the berm. Two, No banking whatsoever. Three, I said in a Du quoin thread that they don't need two classes with 40-50 midgets the late finish proved that.

Given a couple days, Some more clay and a couple cars to practice. I think they could have made a racy track.

I seen Powri posting lineups etc and seen their push trucks so can't say they're not experienced. I bet they all worked their arses off. The failure as I see it was mostly not enough time and planning to setup a race-able track.

Du quoin I seen three wide, sliders and excellent racing Single groove for a couple laps but it widens out quick by lap 30 of the 40 lap feature they were three wide and cushion was on the wall in the center of he corner. Keep a couple front and back doors open. People are dressed for winter anyway and GO, HAVE FUN!