View Single Post
1/9/21, 3:36 PM   #7
Re: Let's keep IoW great!
Grocery Guy

Race Count This Year: 6

Exactly. What timing. Seriously, you want all these racers, promoters and fans to just discontinue a form of communication with everyone? Just drop and log off their social accounts. How do they get their messages and results out? Wait for their Thursday Speed Sport News? This summer when it might be raining at a track, do we just call a tracks answering machine like the 70's to get info?

Just this week on social media I've enjoyed seeing all the new Chili Bowl car wraps and sites to purchase shirts. I've enjoyed seeing late model team photos of them crossing the dessert and mountains heading to Arizona Speedway. Prior to Christmas I enjoyed watching drivers selling various items for gifts. Soon I'll be looking for these same photos from USAC teams in Florida. You don't think a sponsor tracks social media clicks and posts? On Facebook I've found some excellent private groups that post historical racing photos and messages. Here on IOW last week someone posted they were selling custom face masks and they got called out for spamming. Is that keeping IOW great?

Just because a person (racer) has a social media account doesn't mean they have to use it for political, religious or radical comments. I've rarely seen the racing world do this. Good luck getting all these racing groups to drop their social accounts as you want. You're just regressing the sport.

6 members like this post: captrat, dirtnonwingfan, fish, jim goerge, luckybuc97, rick42