View Single Post
1/16/08, 8:52 PM   #8
Re: Speed Tv Chili Bowl Highlights
chadsniffsmethanol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millsvideo View Post
Yeah, that's exactly what the Chili Bowl needs...A few more drivers from various forms of racing that don't have any dirt track experience, don't belong in a midget in the first place, or who will simply cause more delays in the program throughout the course of the 5 day event...

In case you can't tell, yeah, this is sarcasm...For anyone curious, there were 61 race stoppages (cautions, etc.) on Saturday alone, not including false starts or incidents after the checkered flag had fallen. This is partially because a good many of the competitors are either inexperienced, or simply out of their element. Sure, you have the usual number of normal racing incidents, but there is an inordinate amount of time spent cleaning up incidents for competitors who probably shouldn't be there in the first place. Trust me, adding the "heel and toe" brigade wouldn't be of benefit to anyone. The notion of Indy Car Drivers racing "at the Chili Bowl is simply ridiculous.

Just my opinion...

DM - "Donnie, you're out of your element" - John Goodman as Walter Sobchak, 'The Big Lebowski'
Dean,

I totally understand what you are saying. My view on Millers comment is that he was implying it's sad not to see sprint and midget drivers running in the worlds premier open wheel series, such as CART and IRL. I would definitely never want to see a Danica Patrick racing a midget around the bowl. Sarah Fisher could probably handle a midget still, but i have no idea how long its been since she raced one of em. Drivers such as Kasey Kahne and Tony Stewart have the background, but went to fenders. They probably wouldn't have went that way if these two open wheel series weren't such a f*&cking mess. None the less, very good point, because sprint car racing doesn't need squirrelly that now make up CART and IRL.

"Walter, he peed on my rug!"