Thread: USAC Purse
View Single Post
9/10/19, 6:51 PM   #4
Re: USAC Purse
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

You buy a USAC sanction fee to use USAC's great insurance if needed. Also for all the other perks like mailed to you, or direct deposit purses and USAC officials history and write ups. All it's scheduling etc.

Im coming in at someone of a defense of USAC's payout. It's three times the purse of the highest weekly Indiana show and probably much more than that.. It brings in great competition and in most cases makes the tracks a good $$ in some cases enough for the track to survive the rest of the year on as most weekly shows without a ton of track sponsorship lose $$$

I hear about all these big show's paying big $$$ but they are usually two or three night shows where the prelude races make up the Saturday show's purse, Not to mention $50+ gate prices.

I got no problem with a racer wanting to improve on their position or race for more. But I think they'll find racing winged for real money cost three times as much also your going to find three times as many competing for the same $$. USAC has ten regulars, All stars 18, WOO 25. Beat any one of them and your accomplishing something.

IMO the only thing I wish usac could do is draw more and more loyal sponsors to it's racers. Seems they come, stay a couple years and gone. There's some WoO and LM sponsors who've done it for decades.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/10/19 at 6:57 PM.

1 member likes this post: Robbie