View Single Post
9/6/11, 3:25 PM   #11
Re: More Midget Races Cancelled
racefan20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoore10 View Post
Aside from the points made so far and Team3521 has pretty much sumed it up, the purse structure needs to be completely overhauled. Not sure how many of you have actually seen the payout of the midget orgs but it's very, very heavy on the top and it goes south big time beyond 2nd place and actually second place money is nothing to brag about. If you want to see more cars at the track, then finishing cars 3rd on back need a little more piece of the pie. If you look at who has been winning you can see that about 3-4 teams have been gobbling up all the money. Most of the winning teams showed up at LaSalle and just about everyone else decided not.

We traveled 500 miles to the Southern Illinois Center last December for a $5000 to win race. About half the field of cars that showed up left with 0 (Z-E-R-O ) that didn't make the feature. That's nothing... no B feature money.... no tow money.... ZERO. So they promoted the race on the backs of the racers that entertained their crowd for free..... Hey, the toilet cleaners got more money than the some of the racers that night...... NICE
Don I'm not denying there is a problem but just for once I'd like to see YOU come up with some answers instead of just rehashing the same problems over and over and over....... So tell me Don how is the size of the pie gonna increase, from the promoter, I doubt it its not like they are getting rich. The fans, maybe a few of us would pay extra $ to see midgets but an equal number would get priced out of the equation. From the tire companies, well thats what has already happened in some cases but then they want to mandate what you run on so thats a wash too. Tell me where IS that $ gonna come from? For once give us some intelligent answers not just the same old complaints(and no I'm not "off topic")

“To whom little is not enough, nothing is enough.” Epicurus