View Single Post
3/8/22, 1:01 PM   #24
Re: Will your schedule change?
revjimk

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop View Post
Racing has always been more expensive to do then the money made doing it. We want others to help cover the cost to do it. Sponsors to help pay for the race cars, sponsors to help pay the race purse, sponsors to pay for the traveling series.
We as fans want a $100,000 to win race, but do not want to pay more $15 to see the race. Maybe it's time we pay what the real cost of something cost. No free lunch anymore.
When you buy a gallon of gas. It has alot of taxes that are added to the gallon. State and federal to help pay for roads we travel on with out tolls. This is why California always has the highest gas prices,they have the highest amount of taxes to fund things in the state.
I am an old fart and I can remember when gas went to 55 cents a gallon everybody act like the world was coming to an end. I can remember a time when the manual dials on a gas pump could not handle the fact that gas was now a dollar and there weren't enough spaces to show gas prices higher than 99 cents.
How many people reading this can remember when we had the oil embargo and they were literally lines at gas pumps that had no gasoline in them. I can remember when I was a kid there were weekends that we did not go travel to car races because we were worried that we cannot find gasoline to fill the car up to drive back home.
This is one of those moments where we need to unite as Americans and not be fractured,pick political views. If I have to suck it up and pay a little bit more at the pump to keep my son-in-law safe here in America versus having him to pick up a weapon and travel to a foreign land to fight yet again about oil. I am ok with it.
Great post!
I remember when gas hit 55 cents, & lots of people said they'd stop driving if it ever hit $1....haha
A few years earlier, a guy in our HS bought a 427 Chevy with two 4 barrels, & we were in shock when he spent $8 on gas cruising the first weekend he got it...

1 member likes this post: tirespinner