View Single Post
1/6/18, 8:06 PM   #47
Kuhn74

Continuous improvements in safety are always a good thing. Sometimes they protect us from ourselves and the fear of change.

That being said, if USAC, POWRi and everyone else really want to make an impact, they will step up and begin to take preventative measures from guys climbing back in race cars with concussions. They will truly get people evaluated after big spills.

The current model is broken. I hope they decide to put a little more effort in the long term effects these concussions are having on the drivers that are putting the show on.

Eventually, the lawyers going after the NFL, NCAA, NHL and the likes will realize the similarities in auto racing concussions. They will only be after the money when that happens, IMO.

You may say here, "you signed a waiver." To witch my only rebuttal is, a federal judge recently told Tony Stewart's lawyers those little waivers aren't worth the paper they are written on.

Aside from the lawyer grab, I honestly think they need a new protocol model. The effects 10, 15 or 20 years later are crazy. These organization's don't go and make you get cleared. They don't appear to care one way or the other. Especially long term. No paperwork for a Dr. to sign off on or anything else.

Just my opinions.