View Single Post
7/13/13, 9:07 AM   #143
Re: Attn: Mmsa mini sprints
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Gardner View Post
After 140 replies... Did you get an answer?
"No" and by no I see 3 less cars in the pits, a smaller purse, and less competition. All of these things make it harder to keep a class of race cars going and growing. I for one would like to see more cars, B mains are neat, that means you are growing. A 15 or 16 car field means you are having problems.

I think perhaps we don't need a national rule for all, but we do need a national code of hospitality on how we should treat visiting racers. There is very little difference in the motor in the Striker car is running and the motors running right now in MMSA, or for that mater even MAL. A good car and driver from any of these groups could beat the the cars and drivers from any of the other two at any given race.

These guys are "anal attentive" when it comes to motors and rules. These little "BOMBS" come from the factory with a volumetric efficiency of 95% or better, that means they have very little room for improvement. The best way to make them faster is introduce more oxygen through their fuel, and this is done all the time and no one is the wiser.

Paying some guy to go through your motor is more of a placebo than anything else. But is does raise the cost of racing.

Bill has put a clause in his rules about experimental engines. It however reads kind of like that new TQ rule where they charge $500.00 dollars for a fuel test, I bet there have been people standing in line to donate that money to the club. If there is a question about fuel it doesn't cost $500.00 to send it off to a lab. But charging $500.00 sure does cut down on the people wanting to protest. A deal like that should not require a protest it should be a matter of course. Having a car start on the tail and not race for money is a polite way of saying we would just as soon you don't show up.

Why don't the leaders of the 1000cc motorcycle powered ,midget framed racer car groups get on a conference call with one another and work out a deal on how they will accommodate traveling racers from different groups who just might want to race at a different track ever once in a while.

Honest Dad himself

2 members like this post: Cadpro18, sportster1