View Single Post
7/13/13, 8:02 AM   #141
Re: Attn: Mmsa mini sprints
Quantrill

Andy, You told me Engler was $1700 on the phone? So if we are comparing apples to apples. I have $200 on my 4 injectors and $250 on my fuel rail. So my $450 to your $1600 or $1700 whichever it is? $100 isn't going to sway me either way.

Here is a total numbers on my injection system that I remember to the best of my ability.

injectors $200 I only have 4
Fuel rail $250
Air Box with V-stacks and Filter $450
Reflash ECR $300
Cut down wiring harness $150
Power commander $300
Fuel Pump $100

So complete with out fuel lines $1750

We (MALS) were not the first to ban Engler. ILSS and AMSA did before MALS was created.

So we based our rule on what they were doing and yes a dyno service that I used. And what you're quoted me as telling you must be out of ignorance, No offense but is not exactly right. Here are the facts. Dyno service I use only Does dyno work, Part time. He has a day job but has dyno cars for a long time. They are not trying to sell me anything other then dyno time. This guy builds his own motors and run in the 600 multi class. For those who don't know what that is it is open motors. Has ran 600 for 15 plus years. Used to run in the national POWERI micro class. Ran built Dyno tuned flat slide carbs. Said they could not tune a fuel injected to make the power flat slide carbs do. I think most guys in the class use flat slide carbs. The last time I used their service I saw he had a Engler on his car. I had two question about it. How much and how much more power? He said by the time he bought everything it was $3500 and 10% more power. I trust this guy not to lie to me or make things up. #1 he is not selling me anything #2 I am not in that class.

Did he add fuel lines and fittings in his equations? Maybe?? So lets pull $500 off that and say $3000 for Engler set up??

All the post you have posted I have yet to see you lay down a total cost to installing an Engler. What is it?

As for you high pressure fuel concern. I have a pressure switch sensing oil pressure. If it drops below 3.5 PSI it cuts out my fuel pump. This should be mandatory for all series IMO and would be a good thing to bring up at our meetings, if it happens.

Things like this will be brought up to be discussed at either our group meeting with MALS, MMSA, AMSA, MLS who have confirmed to meet or in individual series meeting.
Last edited by Quantrill; 7/13/13 at 8:15 AM.