View Single Post
7/28/14, 1:25 PM   #48
Re: bill gardner up date
FishBurger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Burton View Post
We've lost a good man, a super race fan and a quality human being who showed us how to fight against the odds.

But we can take comfort somewhat in knowing that his suffering is over. We pray that he's in a better place, maybe even doing some bench racing with those who have gone before him.

Our prayers are directed toward Bill's wife and the rest of his family. May they find comfort in their sorrow.

Brian Hayden, often I stop by and say hello, but didn't on Saturday before the rains came. Maybe I was afraid of what you would tell me. You, sir, was what a good friend should be for Bill.

Godspeed, Bill. What a friend you have been. What an inspiration you will be for those of us still here.

Danny Burton
I couldn't say what I feel any better than what my friend Danny has written above. I met Bill for the first time at Eldora a number of years ago. He had wrenched a great car that day and Brian was driving the wheels off the 2H and led much of the feature. Enjoyed several get togethers with him since though they were too brief and far too few. He has been an inspiration to me and one of the best friends I've had in racing. I'm glad I had an opportunity to tell him that. R.I.P. Racer......I can't be too far behind. Save me a seat when you hear I'm coming.