View Single Post
1/1/13, 10:13 PM   #101
Re: Midget Square Tail Tank
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Bleckert View Post
@ Don - The innovation ticket can cut both ways it can save some $ or it can drive costs out of control, it has been my experience overall the more peeps try to micro manage rules it usually turns out to benefit the peeps with more $$$$$
Then we are all in agreement USAC writes the best rules for the development of midget racing, and we should use these rules as the template by anyone wishing to start other midget racing endeavors or races.

Or do we just use their vast number of rules--a la carte-- to rule out the cars and people we don't want to race with. USAC has spent over 50 years adding to their rule book and have very seldom ever eliminated any of those rules.

I was around when they ruled out the chain drive, and I think it was probably done more so because of the person wanting to develop it rather than any other considerations. If we keep using this reasoning pretty soon Don and very few other people are going to be able to own a competitive midget race car. I would worry more about the $30,000 motors than the $800.00 tail tank.

Tony developed a very good set of rules for his Micro Midget racers not by following the national rules but by putting together what works for him and his racers. He could also do this for his midget program, To Heck with USAC.

USAC outlawed the munchkin 35 years ago but they still race the Rumble and the Rumble only. That I think would make them a purpose built race car. What the heck is wrong with that. All of the other VW midgets would also fall into this group.

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 1/1/13 at 10:34 PM.

1 member likes this post: bpa94