Thread: Safety at LPS!!
View Single Post
8/14/09, 3:59 PM   #7
Re: Safety at LPS!!
john3g

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetyworker View Post
Maybe it is just me...I do not believe a message board is the best way to solve this problem. If you have not communicated directly with the promoter about the incident, you should. If the occurences are as you say, it was handled poorly. It is an example where the promoter needs to know what happened from someone with an educated eye. If he is informed of the circumstances and does nothing, then he deserves a public "kick in the shorts"...until he has had a chance to fix it, let's do it right...DIRECTLY. If the promoter has dealt properly with the situation, he should be thanked and congratulated for his actions.

Racers have every reason to be concerned about the safety response at tracks where they compete...and communicating with the promoter when problems are identified is NECESSARY!
I agree and I believe that this is exactly what has transpired here.Mark's wife WAS contacted today.So Mr.Stewart's posting obviously did the job...I want to thank Mr.Spiker for getting with Julie.I do wish it would have been 5 days sooner but I'm still glad to see he did.I am also glad to see that changes have been made at the track.I just wish that they could have been made without anyone getting hurt...I'm still glad to see LPS headed in the right direction..