View Single Post
2/17/17, 12:27 PM   #15
Re: Best Sprint Racing Seat. Why?
Aces&Eights

Race Count This Year: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by xoxide View Post
Butlerbuilt hands down....

Look at Marcus niemelas USAC accident from a couple years ago....

I watched a kirkey full containment seat bend all sorts of directions after a fairly good tumble by a fellow racer, after seeing the seat afterwards I would never run a kirkey
Not to be contrary, but the Marcus wreck you mentioned is one that concerns me. I'm coming to sprints from dirt late models and I've witnessed as the rise in popularity of FC seats increased, there was a corresponding rise in concussion brain injuries and trapped drivers unable to escape in a fire. Some people don't consider concussions as being serious, but after watching a TED talk on a study they've been doing and what they've learned about what actually happens to the brain during impacts, I'm not sure totally rigid is what you want, like Justin Grant mentioned. As a matter of fact the new seat regulations being thrust onto the DLM world is why I'm leaving late models, they essentially are trapping you in the car and I refuse to put myself in a situation where under even perfect conditions its difficult to get out, add in being upside down or God forbid, a fire... When I broached this subject with one of the series officials, he told me, "Don't worry we're gonna come get you out with a fire blanket"... So he expects I should just wait in the car as it burns while they respond with a blanket. No thanks, I'll go learn how to race wingless sprints.

Anyway I like the way USAC approaches the seats leaving some driver preference and options. I appreciate all the input and I'm taking everybit into consideration.

Oh yeah, congrats on the twins Justin.

1 member likes this post: JG40