View Single Post
9/26/18, 8:36 PM   #36
Re: Usac: Ballou suspended for remainder of 2018 usac season
Chief Wahoo

Race Count This Year: 4
Race Count Last Year: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentTFunk View Post
I like Robert, but he was wrong with what he did, and it is not the first time. The things he said were harmful to the sport. I think his retraction was a step in the right direction, but if teams continually bash tracks then there will be no tracks for the series to race on. I feel bad for Robert and maybe he can appeal, but once the s**t is out of the horse, you can't put it back.
Maybe he's tried to talk to the track owners about conditions and safety? We don't know, so maybe by voicing his opinion during interviews, podcasts, or twitter is the only way to make us aware of the problems. Others are to chicken s**t to say anything. I hate to see USAC put a ball gag in the driver's, team owner's, crew chief ect.. mouth. I seriously doubt that what he has said will affect attendance at any one track or is detrimental to them. Gimmie a break, you really think people are going to stop going to Eldora because of what he said? If anything his appearance brings people to the track! I hope he shows up at TSS for the MSCS/WAR show and kicks ass. I'd hate to see him leave the midwest. He always puts on a hell of a show for the fans and is always fan friendly. Keep your elbows up Robert, you got the shaft.