View Single Post
TQ29m (Offline)
  #1 9/20/18 11:31 AM
I have looked till I'm lost, I have an engine, a 6-440-c aircraft engine, and am ready to start building a car for it, most of the later ones were Indy Roadster style, lay down engine and all, my plan is to "re-create" one soon. My big problem as I look forward, is how those old guys hooked the prop shaft to an in and out box, or more hopefully, a transmission, it is a huge spline item, 2 3/8" in diameter, not something you see every day, this is my 4th engine, I let the other three slip away when they were racing them heavily, now this one is here to stay. You can Google "Racing the PT-19" and get some good info, some pic's, and even some video's of them racing, but no one spills anything on the "connection". H.A.M.B has some stuff, but not what I need, thought I'd just throw it out there for hopefully someone familiar with Dizz Wilson and all the Rangers he raced, might have been close enough to see how it was done, I'll eventually figure it out, just my head hurts from thinking about it already. You can see my inspiration at "Golden Wheels Auto Racing Pathfinders" The Lone Ranger! Thanks! Bob

"Being old, isn't half as much fun, as getting there"! Ole Robert I!