View Single Post
7/11/13, 11:07 AM   #36
Re: Attn: Mmsa mini sprints
openwheel44

Hmmmm............Just read this this morning. Mr. Bradley, I don't know you and you sure as hell don't know me. I am the Phil Heavelow that Mark referred to. I do take offense to your attacks on MALS. We have printed rules. Rules we enforce while other groups "talk" about enforcement but actually do nothing. How many other groups out there actually tech the first three cars? Not talk about it......actually do it. With an unbiased professional? We do. In my day, I have traveled to various races and have yet to actually see any tech done. Again..........MALS does. We did all this to try to keep the costs down and gain credibility. We are trying to support and help grow this class. But then someone like you gets on the internet and starts making UNTRUE statements about something you know nothing about. I am sorry your feelings got hurt about your "Engler" system. It was about cost.....not performance it was outlawed. Deal with it. Same as Mark said about certain motors.........availability and costs mainly. That extra "claimed" 16 hp doesn't phase me in the slightest.....it's the availability and cost factors that concerned me. Let's face it......60-70% of the racers out there wouldn't know what to do with that extra HP.

MALS does run Stock motors. We presently allow non performance enhancing rods. For motor longevity. Me.....My equipment (ZX-10r) is absolutely box stock with the exception of a Rosson alky system and oil pan for easier motor placement. Motor right out of the bike. So "can" that statement about MALS having "built motors." You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. And yes...........my motor has been teched MULTIPLE times.

Mark and I saw this class as self destructing. Everyone sees it. We stepped up to the plate and decided over the winter to do what we could to try to save the class. Our sister group in this area, MLS was beginning to experience these "built motors" you are referring to. Hence MALS was formed. We have tried increasing the purse. We have implemented basically stock motor rules. We tried to make it where racers can come run with us and know exactly what they can expect and be confident they are on a level playing field. We have not deviated from our goal. Stock motors. No increased compression, no slightly longer rods, no bore jobs, no lightened cranks, no after market cams.............friggin' stock!! Please try to remember that when you refer to MALS.

Mark and I have pondered the possibility of interested parties from each group meeting after the season is over to possibly try to organize a National Organization or some sort of National Rules. If nothing else.......to simply standardize the rules. Years ago when "Minisprints" were taking off.....around 1987-88......We had a National set of rules. I know....I was there and part of it. We need it again.
Last edited by openwheel44; 7/11/13 at 11:17 AM.

2 members like this post: DAD, double checkered