Thread: Little Help?
View Single Post
1/19/18, 10:19 PM   #14
motorhead748

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backitin View Post
Good advice unless you happen to hook up with a team that doesn't know what they are doing. Because your a regular doesn't mean you have a firm grip. Once your in the pits you could learn lots by just hovering near a few different good teams during the night.
Personally I'd worry about getting a good solid car, pit help ect. and then I'd jump into the deep end.
If you buy a used car ask about a note book. It is worth more then it's weight in gold. Most good teams write things down. You should be able to hit the track with your car being very close the first time.
Then the OP misses the most important part of racing... the preparation that is done in the garage. I've long said the race is won in the shop. Now if the OP has a fair bit of a gearhead background that may not be as necessary but I didn't get that impression by his statement that he wanted to hire someone to build him a sprint car.....of course he could do it like I did, I'd never bought a pit pass to a race, yet I wanted to race. So I bought a used car from a local guy, rounded up enough parts for a motor, screwed it all together, hauled it to the track.

2 members like this post: erich45, PIT CART