View Single Post
7/1/13, 12:21 AM   #15
Re: Silver Crown Updates
toprowjim

I attended the USAC midget and silver crown race at PPIR.First of all the midget race was terrific. Caleb Armstrong and Kyle Hamilton put on a great show. They passed each other on each corner of the track for almost 10 laps. The number of laps lead for each driver was only part of the story since each pass didn't count at the line. Last year I was vice president of Rocky Mountain Midget Racing Association (RMMRA) and I can tell you we have approx. 25 midgets registered in our group. USAC asked for our assistance with the car count. We have only run dirt the last three years and when we did run asphalt only in line cars were legal. The club voted several years ago to out law off set asphalt cars. The main reason for this was that only one or two owners could afford to invest in both types of cars and they would be the only ones to show up to run the asphalt shows. So you see we really couldn't help with the car count at PPIR.
As far as the silver crown cars go, one of the owners said in the pits they couldn't wait to get to Belleville and actually expect several parked cars to show up. 30 cars!! Keep the faith race fans!! Jim Bredenberg

5 members like this post: addictedtodirt, BrentTFunk, dirtball, John P Huss, OTSNWR