View Single Post
3/2/19, 2:26 PM   #1
Quantrill

Seems like a very affordable midget class. Badger midgets seem to have 20-30 if not more cars constantly. Car are producing about 300 hp from what I can tell. Motors are cheap and plentiful yet people seem to turn there nose up at this class? As I am going through the process of building one of these motors I will have less than 3k in my motor. This is not counting dry sump, intake or electronics. But a far cry from Esslingers, Toyota, Chevy and others. I realize they are not putting out the 375 to 400 HP but at a fraction of the cost why are there only pockets of these cars around the country?

D2s the same... great class but only pockets of them. Motor cost for D2s $500 to $1000 and around $500 to freshen up.

Both of these motors are very simple and with the most basically knowledge most racers can build and freshen up there own motors.

I know someone will point to the MWR motors and say look they are $16K for a D2 so where is the savings.... I agree but again if you feel like building one you can if you want to pay for one you can.

But can you build a esslinger, toyota or chevy midget motor yourself?

Is it lack of promoters or groups of racers willing to promote this class?
Last edited by Quantrill; 3/2/19 at 2:38 PM.

1 member likes this post: trannyman