View Single Post
3/26/11, 7:43 AM   #3
Re: adding a refrigerator to a sprint car.
Larryoracing

Thanks Bob,

You gave some very important information on the temperature of alcohol. I already bought the box on ebay for the ice chest for my 23 T Bucket, which I bought the old style Paxton Supercharger that I want to run on gas.

Somehow I got to get some information on what temperature the air is going into the front of the sprint car. On the west coast I would believe the temperature of the air is below 60 degrees farenheit.

Most people run the cold air in front of the radiator with those updraft air scoops over the front axel and then there is a hidden openning underneath the front lip of the front hood, almost invisible until you buy one of those hoods and see what they are trying to do...lol! It's very deceptive and almost invisible.

J & J just released a "plate" fiberglass piece that sit underneath the stacks the full width of the hood that keeps all hot air from the engine away from the intake stacks and in combination with the front scoop in front of the radiator and the small openning in the front of the "cowl" of the hood with this newly released fiber glass plate insures only cold air is entering the injectors. It's kind of a ram air scoop when you have all three pieces in place. That J & J piece just came out. I saw J & J advertisement in Speedway, but Speedway doesn't sell it and J & J was not saying what the price is. I bet they want a couple hundred dollars for it. You can build one cheaply, but I like the idea it is already made with the Dzus fastener and all the brackets, etc.

Thanks for all the information. It's greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Larry Otani
Last edited by Larryoracing; 3/26/11 at 7:47 AM.