Thread: Names from IRP
View Single Post
8/17/21, 12:46 AM   #3
Re: Names from IRP
jdull99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick Monahan View Post
Where/what has Tyler Roahrig been running? He may be a rookie in SC, but I'm sure he's done a little racing.

And I remember Alex Bowman from years past, but no details.
Wikipedia (on Bowman) - "In 2008, he won the USAC National Focus Midget championship with 11 wins, as well as the California Dirt Focus Midget championship. In 2009, he was named USAC National Midget Rookie of the Year. In February 2010, Bowman was injured in an accident during a USAC race, suffering a fractured clavicle and rib."

I believe I heard it was about that time Alex & his family decided to go stock car racing.

What I have wondered is his best NATIONAL midget finish and the schedule from 2009 (I can't find it on the www). It was the year right b4 the split midget champs (pavement & dirt), which soon led to pavement being dropped (I sure like this special event deal used now...car counts are good too!)

It GREAT that Alex stays involved in the SC&Ms still too! He says whenever he isn't doing anything for the Cup program, he spends all the other time he can working on his open wheel cars in his own shop.
Steel$ & Deal$ Swap Meet & Car Shows (next location; TBD...)
Last edited by jdull99; 8/17/21 at 12:48 AM.

5 members like this post: BrentTFunk, chrismattlin, EBookerFan, racenut69, tirespinner