View Single Post
chillyrn (Offline)
  #28 7/8/14 3:32 PM
I did parts of Sprintweek in '05, '07, and '09... and my best memory has to be Kamp in '09... the 3-wide battle for the lead on the last lap with Whitt on the bottom, Darland up top, and Chad Boat in the middle... photo finish with Darland (allegedly) winning. They probably should've given them both a trophy... might be the best race I've ever seen. Other memories are Sweet flying out of Haubstadt in '05.. lucky he didn't kill anybody in the pits where he landed.. or seriously hurt himself. Somebody mentioned Kruser killing 'em at North Vernon in '05... but my memories of that race were Clayton in his heat race going from 8th to 3rd in one corner, then back to 7th in the next corner... then up to 2nd... then back to 6th... in typical Clayton gas-mashing style! The ledge that built up on the cushion that night was like a wall.. and can't forget Jon Sciscoe flipping through the fence in turn 1. Another great memory was the race between Stanbrough & Darland at Kokomo in '07 - which was my first time there - Darland leading every lap but the last. Good times!