View Single Post
5/10/20, 10:51 PM   #54
Re: Daugherty Speedway Racing
chrismattlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathans1012 View Post
As much as I would have liked to race sounds like Daugherty should have stuck a sock in his mouth and let things be. Just maybe the race might have flown under the radar of state officials. Still it was likely he may have been shut down anyway. I under stand what he tried to do standing up for right. I was only going to help a friend with his Mod. Many around the state in the racing community know the dude is a big mouth @$$. So it's really no surprise he shot his mouth off and look what happen. Made him self look like an even bigger d!ck.

Hope racing returns to Indiana soon. See ya all at a track near you.
If that's the case, you have a very valid view point. I know zero about the guy. I just wish someone, somewhere would stand up just a little bit these days. It's depressing, almost.

This is not political, but societal:
How long, and far do these extraordinary, and extralegal, circumstances go? Most of what we are going through in reaction to any virus is totally unprecedented. I'm honestly curious what people here think because I respect every person here. When does this state of emergency end; what is our goal post?

Here where I'm located, things have been somewhat "normal": seems to be regular traffic in the afternoons with everyone out doing their shopping, getting takeout, the fast food drive-thru lines are miles long, and the liquor stores are like New Years Eve 7 days a week. The Mayor of Cincinnati not long ago admitted that "authorities" couldn't prohibit any citizen from having a private "gathering" of 10 people or less, so long as they were "reasonably" observing "social distancing". The result is, is that everyone is now just having small get-togethers (constantly) like nothing is going on. Almost like it didn't happen. Except that all the small businesses are closed. Your local tavern is closed, and may never reopen. And lots of people are on the brink of losing everything.

4 members like this post: duel, Indy1808, Ken Bonnema, TQ29m