View Single Post
10/5/19, 3:27 PM   #31
Re: F1 - Halo to the Rescue (Spoiler)
Brickyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboat15 View Post
I didn't know there was a guy named Jack Harvey racing Indy cars. Did he come from a short track racing background?
Apparently you don't pay much attention to the Indy 500's you claim to watch.....

Quote:
Not sure about you but racing has always be exciting to me for several reasons, and the element of danger happens to be one of them, that's why every tom, dick, and mary doesn't want to drive a race car.
That element hasn't left with the addition of this device. It's purpose is to ensure a higher probability of walking away. It's what we call risk mitigation.

Quote:
Maybe I'm a little wacky but in my mechanical professions I have had to do some unsafe acts for my employers that would have been big osha red flags but the jobs have to be done on time and I don't mind a little danger. If the prima donna drivers don't think they are safe enough maybe they should find a safer occupation.
And you are one I wouldn't want within 100 yards of me on a project, nor would you want me near you....see I'm one who once risked prosecution for disobeying an unsafe order. If I or anyone was going down for that order it was going to be for doing the right thing not because we got a bunch of people injured and killed due someone's stupidity. Oh, and the top of the food chain in that organization, the people that matter when the other shoe drops, agreed with me. I wasn't the one sent packing nor was I the one with blood on my hands because "i don't mind a little danger" and I believe "those that don't think it's safe enough should find a safer occupation."

1 member likes this post: erich45