Thread: Bloomington
View Single Post
9/2/22, 10:34 PM   #1
Bloomington
TommyBahama

First, this is meant to help, I love Bloomington Speedway and only want the best for the track. I’ve been going there for more than 30 years, it’s one of my favorites.

That being said, the Josh Burton Memorial and Sprintweek crowds were amazing! That’s where the problems begin though. The track cannot handle these crowds with the way things are currently set up.

They have ONE food line, for easily a couple of thousand people. The line goes up the hill to the restroom. I heard one man walking away and he stated he waited 40 minutes for a hot dog. We stopped for pizza before going but made the mistake of not taking drinks in. The secondary line, ice cream, also has drinks, but that too k20 minutes to get a bottle of water.

Why not set up a few portable tents with coolers to allow fans to buy drinks without waiting in long lines? I realize we can carry a cooler in, but I try to support the track by buying food and drinks there. We learned our lesson on food during Sprintweek, and will have coolers in the car next time.

How can they serve more food? In the past there have been food trucks, please bring those back! Why not have tents with grills that are cooking burgers and dogs?

I know running a track isn’t easy, but seriously, this is business 101.

We left the race aggravated before the sprint D main. Five classes of cars with 45 sprints on hand. The heat races for the sprints were amazing. Would’ve loved to stay for the rest of the show, however, when it gets that aggravating, it’s best to just call it a night.

$100 for myself, my fiancé and a 12 and 14 year old.

I will go back as many times as possible, I’m just hoping they make it a lot easier for me to give them my money.