Thread: Wheelies?
View Single Post
4/16/23, 11:03 PM   #10
Re: Wheelies?
HDbill

Pulling the L/F was almost constant in the '60's midgets with narrow tires. It was simply a matter of having weight in the R/F and L/R. And many got carried away with it and picked up an ugly push. In the 70/s; I belie ve the Smokey Snellbaker made a habit of pulling the R/F tire from the flag stand in. And A lot of guys copied it to be fast. I think that a great argument could come up explaining why no wing cars seem to do it more frequently than wing cars that run such severe wing angles that the load is behind the rear wheels and that means that they need the nose wing or the car will be undriveable tight (if they lose the nose wing unexpectedly). But Supermodifieds have the wings almost level?s. Midgets were pulling both front tires at the Chili Bowl 20 years ago without a wing and down at least 50HP compared to today. I vaguely remember a dog fight between Tony Stewart and JJ Yeley both pulling wheelies lap after lap on on the inside down the back, the other on the inside down the front. And neither won or finished second. How is any of this possible?

1 member likes this post: Hustlin-Hoosier