View Single Post
10/8/17, 1:21 PM   #17
Re: Gator"DIRT"Nationals Montpelier rules?
kendirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJC77 View Post
Simply put, majority of your D2 guys are blue collar working chumps that can not afford 4 days off of work, thurs,fri,sat,mon. Not everyone will make the show so you have to figure travel expense and hotels at about $600-800 with a return of $250. Haven't even added tire cost, pit passes possible entrie fee? Plus the money lost from missed work. These are dollar numbers every guy with a very limited budget has to take into account.

The majority, not all, of the guys you are asking for from up north are in hibernation in February, trying to save thier money for the next season.
^^ This is something along the lines of what I was going to post. Screvin is almost 1100 miles one way from my shop. I did some quick math last night, there's just no way it pencils.

This sounds like a great event that I wish I could support. My take is the rules aren't the problem. Either move it North and have it more like late March/early April or figure out what you can do to get more cars from the immediate region.