View Single Post
1/11/24, 7:16 PM   #16
BLASTER1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitdad View Post
Just because this board seems to like to run down rabbit holes from time to time AND just because this is still a bit of "the silly season", let me pose this conspiracy theory...

Is the Larson announcement purely organic and spur of the moment as everyone would have us think? Or, is it a bit of a media stunt to draw attention to Kyle, and The Chili Bowl, and to whatever the fender thing is that's happening in New Mexico?

Here's my crazy theory: Keith Kunz has done about everything imaginable at the Chili Bowl. Multiple wins with multiple drivers, KKM cars have dominated the leaderboard in the post-Swindell era. The one thing that I can't say the KKM has accomplished was a qualifying night sweep, winning all of the qualifying night A features. They've come close, but I suspect that a clean sweep is still on the "to do list". As such, KKM has seemingly been careful to spread their talent across all qualifying nights, increasing their potential to sweep the card rather than leave a night open AND not have two or more of their premier talents battling each other for win and a Saturday night lock in.

That said, according to tonight's schedule, the only KKM car that was expected to run prior to Larson's surprise announcement was Gavan Boschele. Not that Gavan was incapable of winning tonight on his own, he certainly has shown speed in the past, but it seems curious that Keith would put all of his Thursday night eggs in one basket when you consider he had 11 other cars to spread out over the other 4 qualifying nights. Did he leave Thursday open for Kyle, and just wait to announce it? If so, kudos to him, the Chili Bowl, Kyle, and everyone involved. It certainly has added an extra element of excitement to the greatest midget race in the world.

I'm just saying...
Kyle has NEVER been a look at me type guy…. Go ahead and land the Black Helicopters SMH 🤦

BTW… Keith and Pete don’t roll like that also!
Last edited by BLASTER1; 1/11/24 at 7:33 PM.