View Single Post
7/15/19, 6:15 PM   #14
Re: Indiana Sprint Heat
yeleyfan76

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosier race fan View Post
Adjust the start times to start at 8:30, use the power of social media to spread the word about the time change, and run the shows efficiently to be done by 11.
Finally someone with a solution instead of laying out all of the problems. This is a perfect idea. Start later and save people from the heat of the direct sun and save the racetracks. It’s a double win. I read where someone was critical of USACs resolve to run races and cancel quickly. If memory serves that got the ire of the race directors up. This would be a perfect opportunity to show they can run efficiently and deal with these circumstances. Also must explain to the tracks that these huge crowds came for sprint cars, not support divisions. I read all of the time these are some of the biggest crowds they get. So maybe cut it to one division like Usac events used to be. It’s going to be hot that’s a fact. Hydrate like you are supposed too. My first time out for ISW was 1999 and everyday we had temps in the high 90s. Everybody raced and we moved on. 20 years later it’s the same all over again. It can be done.