View Single Post
9/26/17, 4:47 PM   #18
Re: 4 Crown Cancelled in 2018?
Poorboyjocko

I've not looked at every post, but what I think ppl are saying to Eldora, do something with the 4-crown that will make the show go faster, not so many laps in one day where the track will not stand up and put down rubber. I hear on this board how we have to get more ppl interested in open wheel racing. U can not expect man who takes his wife and two kids there and get them to set that long for a show like that. As you should of saw, many young & old just got up and headed home. Eldora is not going to cancel the 4-crown because it is a money maker today. What Eldora needs to worry about is, the car count next year and there after. I know several teams that did not go this year because of last year. If your a points racer, U will be there. If not, U may consider not to attend if this format continues. Eldora has changed. It is not Earl's place anymore. Not just a race track where U see a race and go home. It is a venue, a destination where U go to be entertained and entertain your self and who ever goes with U. The crowd is much younger now. When Eldora introduced the beer sack where U can carry 6 or more beers, it's a non stop drinking contest for many there, not to mention the full bar up top. That makes for way to heavy of drinking for many who need not drink.. I had to move one time because there was 8 drunks all around me. If I go again, I will seek out a non drinking section if they have one. One think I can say about Eldora, look at there staff there in all areas. Nothing but the best to make a well run business. With the crowds they draw, that is why U see so much racing at a great ticket price, reasonable pit passes, not to mention concession prices. Lets hope that the Big E makes some changes that will accommodate all of us next year for the 4- crown. If not, it will be your choice if U want to return for a long night of racing, good or bad as it might be. Yet to be determined. Just my thought.

5 members like this post: btg1963, bullringko, EBookerFan, motorhead748, ronmil