View Single Post
8/8/08, 4:54 AM   #22
Re: UNION COUNTY - Midget Week
Midget82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Nungester View Post
I will not apologize for never going to another USAC show.

The fact that not one of you USAC Guys could get on the PA, Give your reason and a sincere regret for not being able to hold it is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

Not to mention calling in ever state police officer within a hundred miles. I felt like I was at a Blues Brothers Concert surrounded by a shotgun every 5ft.

I took a risk getting to the track, You not only killed a class that was on life support in most of Indiana you DAMAGED THE TRACKS and PROMOTORS That will host you. As said before this should have never happened the way it did.
Im all for safety but you'll run tracks too dusty for the flagman to see the wreck on the backstraight only to cause pile ups ect. Run Kamp with a 40 drop off turn 4 and no catch fence. Even Rex Norris flipped out of it and you didn't see it.

You removed a qualified competition director and then turn around and do this on race day? Yet I heard a dozen people blaming him.

Sorry but this is the third time I've taken vacation for sunny days this year not to see a schedualled race.. Let alone all the other screw ups of the past.

We stuck around and seen that what was left was only 1/4th the show we came to see and ultimately took the last chance to get a refund. I respect them guys, Westfall, Levi, Bland and the others. Even Don Moore for realizing theres more to racing than being selfish and not taking their fans into account!

If they weren't going to run at the very least USAC should have gave everyone with a Union County Ticket stub a pass to any one of the remaining events. Thats the only thing that would have apeased the situation.

Instead you created a situation, Making your fans prisoners. 65 state troopers and police and I didn't see one act of violence or aggression. We're race fans.

WEVE BEEN SCREWED BEFORE!
By USAC, NEVER AGAIN!

Chuck, who will not apologize for this post. I skipped my mothers birthday to take my father to the event to be surrounded by cops and left in the dark.

You're saying it's completely USAC's fault Chuck? :O: Sounds like a combined effort to me between USAC and the track. You've taken three vacation days and not seen a race on any of them? Which races were those (were they all USAC?) and maybe try going to more than 4 races a year. You're saying the drivers that left the track are selfish for not staying, even in fear of their safety? You're kidding right? :action-smiley-049: Driving a sprint or midget is crazy enough on its own, let alone adding the life hazard to the drivers and/or fans from the facility's side (rebar hanging out of the walls, rough concrete ledges that could surely junk a race car, etc.)... Apparently there was nearly a riot over the refund issue also... It's a shame you and your father missed your mother's birthday, but who's fault is that? USAC to blame? :rolleyes:

It's not my place to blast anyone, but half of your posts are pointless and it's like you don't think before you click that "submit reply" button. I'm sure you'll end up defending USAC later on after ripping them tonight.

Sorry for the outburst. :action-smiley-049: