Thread: Purse Payouts
View Single Post
11/3/15, 2:32 PM   #2
Re: Purse Payouts
DAD

Wayne

With a purse like that who cares. I guess I fall somewhere between "Start" and "Tow".

Perhaps if owners and drivers would ever consider the fact that we are performers, providing entertainment for the folks in the grand stands and not simply prima-donna's racing for their own glory and self gratification, the better off all racing will be. Sure we have stand outs but even they should help keep the program interesting.
I don't care much for NASCAR sometimes they look a little to scripted but I also don't like watching a long line of cars doing nothing but following the car in front of them.

I know a guy that likes 3 wide racing maybe even 4 wide at times so does the crowd. If everyone racing adds to the excitement then they should be rewarded. We need to get away from the back gate Go Kart mentality and start putting on a show for the folks in the grand stands and not just or own Ego's.

Get the track size down>>get the cars all competitive and not over priced, put on a show and expect compensation for doing a good job.

No I am not a Communist just an old guy that thinks racing should be entertaining and just maybe if the purse evened out, the money payed to the racers, the teams with good backing will have just a little less money for their cars or other activities. At the same time the other guys in the cast just might get enough money to be able to afford to come back the next week and help put on another show.

Honest Dad himself

4 members like this post: chewton, jim goerge, oldfan49, Wayne Davis