View Single Post
8/24/14, 12:50 PM   #9
Re: King of the tq series heads north
DAD

Congratulations AJ.

Guess you still got a little left for the kids. Time to get back to work doing that other stuff, like building race cars and motors.

In my mind AJ has always has been one of the many really great drivers racing in open wheel cars that never got his chance to excel. He is also a great mechanic dividing his talents between building really super handling and competitive Mini Sprint and Midget chassis and race cars along with building some very competitive race motors.

Tony has recently been following in his fathers Bill's footsteps and building some super Midget and Sprint car motors. He is very close to being the complete package: driver>chassis builder> engine builder. How many race shops out there build their own motors, do the engine machine shop jobs in house, dyno them in house and then turn around and install them in their own chassis and race them?

I have been calling him my "Dark Horse" lately, that is because when he is around he is usually in contention and usually spending a fraction of the money in his racing as the other guys he is racing against.

Give em HeII Tony!!

Honest Dad himself
Last edited by DAD; 8/24/14 at 1:41 PM.

1 member likes this post: cshuman