View Single Post
8/7/18, 4:28 PM   #5
Re: Lightning Sprints VS. 305 Sprints
DAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TQ29m View Post
JMHO, but if I had it to do over again, and I don't I would go with my 2nd choice from back then, a decently priced, not wrung out, 410 sprint, and I'd probably go with a Ford, at the current costs vs payouts, any of the 3 choices are pretty much a wash, but, IMHO, at the end of a season, you'll probably spend about the same $$ on them all, if you go with the sprint car, and live somewhere close to the Central part, you can get a lot of seat time, and unless you have already gotten a lot of that, you'll need it. I think, from my personal experience, the Sprint car, 410, will allow you to pick up sponsors easier, used, good parts are very plentiful, and at the end of the day, if you don't have the urge to be a wins every race kinda guy, you will probably have more return on you investment, plus, it's a hell of a lot easier to explain to someone what kind of race car do you own, not, but try any of the other 2 choices!
Them old Sprint Cars are Thirsty Beasts even the little ones. Then you have to be honest with your self and ask yourself >>Can I come up with enough friends to move that thing around both at the track and back home. There arent many open wheel cars you can start up and drive to the track.