Thread: Hello
View Single Post
9/26/09, 10:15 AM   #1
Hello
Lucky161

New to this site. Some of you may know me already from other racing sites. Hopefully that won't be held against me. As I became more and more disillusioned with the state of Indycar racing, it was suggested that I might look for a new home. I like almost any kind of racing, but sprints are my favorite and I am here on the recommendation of a friend.
For those that don't know me. I live in the Fort Worth-Dallas area of Texas. Other than the superspeedway TMS and their tiny 1/5 mile for Legends and Bandaleros, we have no paved tracks within 100 miles of this area. That's bad because I like sprints and other cars on pavement. But we do have about a dozen dirt tracks within driving distance, a couple within 20 miles of my home. That's good because I like sprints on dirt too. Most of the sprints around here run with wings and that's ok because I like sprints with wings. But we also have one series that runs a few non winged races and that's good too, because I like sprints without wings as well.
This year we had 3 different sprint car series running in this area. ASCS, Sprint Series of Texas and the Devil's Bowl weekly Super Sprints which were actually a restricted version of sprints. I've heard that they were going to do like Cowtown Speedway the other track that runs sprints weekly and go with the ASCS rules.
I love the ASCS and personally find them to generally put on better races than the WoO. But the Sprint Series of Texas is my new sprint car interest. They are a 305 sprint series that uses the Racesaver Rules. They have good car counts, put on good races and I am a big supporter of their affordable rules. I'd like to say I am now an expert on the Racesaver Series since I've read just about everything available on them, but that's not that much, so I can't claim expert status.
I am hoping this site will help me keep up with what is going on in other parts of the country and I'll be happy to report what I know from this area in case anyone is interested.