View Single Post
9/28/16, 11:05 PM   #30
ThrowbackRacingTeam

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismattlin View Post
It was never Fri, Sat, and Sunday. Always been Fri/Sat, or Sat/Sunday. Also, Page Jones' accident was on a Saturday night- I can clearly recall the accident. Been to 18 Four Crowns in a row plus a few more previous to that.
What are you smokin? It started out with late model and silver crown prelims Friday night, sprint and midget prelims Saturday night and the features on Sunday afternoon. Watched Steve Kinser start last in Vogler's car and win the Silver Crown feature in a cloud of dust in bright daylight on either ESPN or ABC television. I still have the tape. I saw Page's crash in ESPN also in daylight. You've either got some really killer stuff or dementia. They did switch after Page's crash to Friday and Saturday night with qualifying and heats on Friday and B's and A's Saturday night. Under that format, not much purse would have to be paid Friday and the bigger crowd that would show up on Saturday would still see plenty of racing. I drove 7 hours each way one year for just the Saturday night races and thought it was perfect....so, of course they changed it!
Last edited by ThrowbackRacingTeam; 9/28/16 at 11:17 PM.

1 member likes this post: REH24