View Single Post
8/11/10, 6:32 PM   #10
Re: Shane Hollingsworth & Outlaw Mosley
nonwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flatrightrear View Post
George,
I don't know you but am glad you enjoyed the track experience. I did the chemo scene last year and started radiation this week for the return bout. I have an excellent prognosis for recovery and I'll pray that you do too. Going to the races is one of the best ways for me to get away from any bad doubts and just having fun with friends watching cars go in circles and forgetting about everything else for a few hours. God bless you and think of all your friends when you get down.
Tom
Tom, first I'm very glad to hear that your prognosis for recovery is very good. I'm just sad to hear you have to endure the radiation. I hope your body tolerates the rounds of radiation down there better than I did. Of course for the past 8 years, I've "Been there, done that." so if you have any questions please let me know. You can send me a private message if you want and I'd be happy to help if I can.

The day at the races did do me a world of good. I hope to get back out soon. I must admit that going some times is rough on me because I still want to drive or at least be able to work on someone's car. Regardless, last Saturday was great.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

The Spencer's remind me an awful lot like the Hollingsworths. Super people. My son Eddie still has his Josh Spencer sweat shirt that Josh gave him 2 years ago. I try and see how you guys are doing during the summer. Best of luck the rest of the season.

I must say that I'm getting all kinds of ride offers to warm up sprint cars. All of you are too kind. My problem is... I might want to do more than just idle around. LOL.

Thanks to all who have responded to this thread. Racing people are truly the best.

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

Well, I just got a call from my car owner Aaron Mosley and he's willing to give this old boy a shot at wheel packin' this Saturday. As long as I can get past some of this on going chemo side affects from my last treatment, I plan to get the cob webs off of my old uniform, dust off the helmet I borrowed a few years back from Shane Hollingsworth and head down to LPS.

I must say that 3 years ago I drove a mini sprint up at Peru for Mike Buschmann and we ran third in the feature that night after I started outside the front row. Those critters reminded me of my days racing my Mom and Dad's VW midget with Shroeder steering. It plum wore me out that night without power steering. If I only had the strength to get up on the wheel we might have pulled one off...

Now granted, I'm just doing some wheel pack'n, but if it feels right? I may have to find a car owner who's willing to give this old boy a new lease on life before the next chemo treatment. LOL.

This might be weird to say, but I wonder if anyone has raced a sprint car without a colon, bladder or trail bone? Maybe Duke Cook knows of someone.... LOL

Regardless if I can get down there or not, special thanks to Aaron Mosley. I'm honored that he would let this chemo boy take a few laps and hear that motor thunder.

I'll report back after our Saturday night's wheel pack'n extravaganza.