View Single Post
8/18/14, 4:55 PM   #36
Re: Hi velocity intakes
MC@Performance Fab

Got a call this morning from someone asking about why the velocity stacks are mounted directly into the billet base plate on the latest R1 pic I put up last week instead of just mounting them on top of the base plate using hose and clamps.

Think about it, I've gone to a hell of a lot of time designing and testing different stacks to come up with a package that does exactly what I'm looking for.
Making a **** load of power in exactly the RPM range that were racing in.
I'm wanting it to pull hard from the initial hit of the throttle, past the starters stand, till the time you roll out and set the car into the corner.

By simply mounting the stacks on top of the billet base plate all the work I've done to come up with a killer set of stacks gets pissed away. Everything has been changed because of adding that extra height of the base plate to the stacks I spent so much time refining.

Look at the height of the stacks alone and then look at adding another 1,250 to 1.5 in length to them, that adds up to a pretty good percentage of the original stack length. NOT GOOD!

Thats why my High Velocity Intakes that use a billet base plate are designed the way they are. It may take a while longer, but the tune doesn't change.
Of course it doesn't hurt that its also the lightest way to do it also.