View Single Post
7/26/21, 1:29 PM   #38
Re: Lack of respect by the Stars of USAC.
hoscalecody

I used to be a pretty big fan of Grant, especially when he was just locally racing in Indiana and Ohio. Then his driving started getting really dirty and I stopped being a fan. Gave away my shirts etc..

My opinion is sliders are fine, I've thrown them plenty of times, I've had them thrown on me plenty of times. Only time they're not fine is when someone doesn't clear it and destroys a guy because of it.

On the slider, in my opinion the fault of the contact, is the one throwing it if it doesn't clear. What I mean clear is, rear bumper passes cleanly ahead of the other cars front bumper. Without forcing the other car to hit the brakes to clear them. If you can get your rear bumper ahead of the other cars front bumper then, you cleared it and it's the other guys job to hit the brake or crossover. Unless you're doing 50 mph less then them and they have no where to go.

So I don't agree with Grants comments of him only being sorry, if there wasn't a chance Jadon could hit the brakes. No you clear him and until then it's your fault. A guy shouldn't have to hit the brakes for you to clear him. If Grant cleared him, then Jadon just drove through Grant's tail tank and took Grant out or whatever that'd be different.