View Single Post
9/16/21, 8:24 PM   #1
Gas City's James Dean Classic Is Sept. 23
LindaKMansfield

Fourth Annual James Dean Classic
At Gas City I-69 Speedway Thursday, Sept. 23
Kicks Off Big USAC Weekend

GAS CITY, Ind., Sept. 16 — Gas City I-69 Speedway will present the fourth annual James Dean Classic, a doubleheader for USAC AMSOIL national sprint cars and USAC NOS Energy Drink national midgets, on Thursday night, Sept. 23.

The quarter-mile dirt track is located halfway between Indianapolis and Fort Wayne, and approximately one hour from Eldora (Ohio) Speedway, which will host the Four-Crown Nationals the following two days, Sept. 24-25.

“On your way to Eldora for the Four-Crown Nationals? Stop at Gas City Thursday night!” suggested Jerry Gappens, Gas City I-69 Speedway promoter. “We offer free overnight camping. Other area activities include the annual James Dean Festival and Car Show in nearby Fairmount, Ind. [home of James Dean]; the Ducktail Run Car Show and Swap Meet in Gas City, and a big motorcycle show in Jonesboro. All three of them run Thursday through Sunday.”

Gas City’s pit gate will open at 3 p.m., and the spectator gates at 4:30 p.m. Hot laps are at 6:30 p.m. and the races will start at 7:30 p.m.

Tickets will be sold at the gate. General admission tickets cost $30 for adults; $25 for students, and children 12 and under are free. Pit passes are $35, with those 6 and under free.

The complete 2021 schedule and more information are on the track’s website at GasCityI69Speedway.com. Fans and competitors can also follow it on Twitter: @GasCitySpeedway; Instagram: @GasCitySpeedway and Facebook: GasCitySpeedwayOnTheGas.

Gas City I-69 Speedway is located on State Road 22, approximately a half-mile west of I-69, exit 259.

5 members like this post: 95KART, BrentTFunk, fish, tirespinner, treecitytornado