View Single Post
5/11/14, 3:18 PM   #64
Re: WOO TSS this weekend
ronmil

Race Count Last Year: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinisprintfan View Post
Apparently nobody sits down at Outlaw races.
I had a reserved seat on the top row so I wasn't affected much by this behavior. I think the standing issue occurred mainly after the announcer called for the fans to stand and salute the drivers at the beginning of the feature. This happens to a certain degree at all races. It could easily be solved if the announcer would ask the fans to be seated after the salute so that everyone may enjoy the races.
I had not attended a WoO race in years at TSS and don't plan to attend another one. But, never say never. I had a fairly enjoyable evening and the racing itself wasn't that bad, particularly in the feature, but it paled in comparison to the scintillating drive that the MDC put on in the feature on April 26th. It would have been a more interesting feature if Sammy hadn't eliminated himself.
As far as the crowd goes, I counted 36,423,612 (well, that's a rough estimate). While standing in line for the restroom, the man in front of me said "I've had to stand in line to get in, to get food and to go the restroom. I'm not coming back!" Obviously a lot of people showed up because of Steve Kinser's farewell tour. I talked to a man from Olney, IL who hadn't been to TSS for more than ten years, and I heard other comments from people who hadn't been there in years.
I stayed for most of the modified feature, and I drove right out. It was interesting to watch the huge throng leave; there was the rush by many as soon as the checkered drop, another group left after the winners interview, then the gradual exit during the modified feature as cautions occurred. This pattern is similar to what occurs at each race at TSS.
Glad to see Tom Helfrich and Dewig meats both have a profitable evening.

4 members like this post: BrentTFunk, Mud Packer, racenut69, Steve Wendel