View Single Post
the1jet17 (Offline)
  #1 2/20/17 11:22 PM
Hello,

Some of you may or may not know me. I'm JJ Hughes, the driver of the Blue and White 76j sprint car in Southern Indiana. Starting in 2014, I decided to take it upon myself and try to reach out to fans and kids at the track. Here in Indiana, we do not have the ability to socialize at the track with kids and fans alike very often. By the time the races are over and they can come in the pits, we're loaded up and gone.

In 2014 I decided I would give out FOR FREE, the rest of the kids shirts I had on hand. One by one, each race in which I made the main through the heat race, I would head up to the stands with a Sharpie, a Kids T-shirt, and 10 Hero cards. The point being, these kids are our future. We may say that we race for ourselves or our family bonding time, but the truth is, we race race for these fans. We are there to bring on a show, have fun, and hopefully make some money along the way.

For two years I have given out a free T-shirt at each race, and not a single driver has caught on. You'd be surprised at how well the fans react when they see a little boy or girl getting a free t-shirt. Kids come running for Hero cards. Putting a smile on their face is what matters to me. I want them to come back. I want them to root for me.

So I ask, with your spare time, take whatever you have that you can give out for free, come up to the stands, find a little kid, and make their night. Let's make this sport grow.

Whether this helps or not, I don't know. However, if I make the main event through the heat race, you better believe I'll have that T-shirt, Sharpie, and Hero Cards with me in the stands.

Thanks,

JJ Hughes.
120 Likes: #1Brad Kuhn Fan, 2fast4u, 34racer, 410fuelinjected, 55fan, 64chevy, 767, addictedtodirt, agar, Agentry10, AJMartin, AJ_Engines, Al Pierce, Andrew S. Quinn, babcock14d, berks co, bigq11, billw, Bobby7j, Bobv, Bostonian, bus man, bzneil, C Jagger, Charles Nungester, Chase Hightower, chasinracin2, chathamracefan, chris jockish, chrismattlin, cj02, cleatziff, cmiracingvids, darnall, davidm, dirt40, dirtball, dirtnonwingfan, EBookerFan, erich45, fasster23, fish, fishnman, flatout, Go Fast, hairracer44, HARFprez, hoosierhillbilly, hoscalecody, Hotrod24m, i love dirt track racing, illinifan, interpreter66, Jack Dupp, Jbaldwin, JCC, JDFAST, Jerry Spencer, jerrydt, jim goerge, jleme154, jmo8, jzf9kh, kcarm92, KENDALLRACING, kinser, Kpederson91, LB, luckybuc97, LUCKYONE, mc/rider, meteorman, MIracing, mowerman, Mrs G, mtek56, Nate, Newport13, open_wheel_outlaw, oppweld, Pat O'Connor Fan, PAW, PJ Wright, racegal, racenut69, Racer1039, racer65, racinrich, Rapid Rick, rapid robert, reeserx, rmcar, ronmil, Russ, ryan84, Scooter, scottyCbus, SHORTBUS, Simon_says17, sjracer26, skids59, Slidejob71, Smeents, spankytoo, SpfldMile, Steve Wendel, superstock30, tdt636, The Old Coyote, tirespinner, tmac39, TNRustler, Tom23, trannyman, turn4, wallbanger II, wildman92, Will Shunk, WinglessLovers, Wingman