View Single Post
6/1/14, 12:50 PM   #45
Re: Paragon Speedway KISS
Mud Packer

Race Count Last Year: 59

The evening ended a whole lot better than it started. The first two heats were awful marathons with lots of yellows. Paragon is pretty much always the same especially running 5 classes. Last night the other classes did help some in bringing the track around. A big shout out to the sprint drivers and crews who were able to match their machines to the conditions. They had to reach deep down in their bag of tricks to dial them in for the feature.

I'm not much of a huggy-pole, half throttle fan but it is what it is. If you stepped very far out of the line on the bottom you went backwards in a hurry. I am also not a fan of a 22 car B-Main that transfers only 4 either. They got through it but a number of guys had absolutely no chance of overcoming those odds. With that many cars, why not run a C-Main to help separate it out some?

I was also surprised at the track worker stepping out in between cars trying to get the line up correct. A very close call that could of ended up being a disaster. The young man certainly was lucky to say the least.

Congrats to Shane (Shawn?) Cottle for being the 2014 KISS champion. Also, Jon Stanbrough on a dominating performance that left little doubt of who had the best car last night.

I would also like to see the KISS series rotate tracks so that everyone of them could host the finale rather than normally end up at Paragon. Just my opinion though.

Be nice to people on the way up. You might need them on the way down. Jimmy Durante

1 member likes this post: RacinBabe