View Single Post
9/18/17, 8:49 PM   #25
Re: Big E 4 Crown picks
Charles Nungester

Race Count This Year: 6
Race Count Last Year: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GYATK94 View Post
You attempted to make a logically equivalent statement to my opening sentence with yours, which doesn't exactly work. You claimed to not care about the wing results but, for some reason, had to make sure we all knew just that. I DO care about pointless wing bashing on this site because I suspect that at the root of the wing attacks is a certain aggravation surrounding wings being vastly more popular, so I chose to comment. In your first statement, you again commented on something you claim to not care about, my opinion.

And yes, the statistics would more than likely indicate late models are more popular, but I don't have a problem admitting that and harbor no resentment for late model racing or its fans. And just a heads up, I prefer non wing sprints more than any kind of dirt racing. As I stated above, I just get irked by unnecessary comments clearly intended to take shots at wings. You could've simply not mentioned the two series like oppweld, but no you had to make sure to strut your contempt for wings and show they're beneath you.

And yes I'm sure Twin Cities will be on your calendar. We all see you taking any chance you have on here to take a swipe at Eldora, a track that hosts about 5 of the biggest dirt track races all year.

I'm sure you don't care about anything I just wrote, but if the evidence we have so far is correct, youll comment on it anyway.
Just for the record. My not really caring on the winged deal has more to do with it's three hours to the nearest winged track and I don't see many of them or know most of them. I went to Mansfield and seen 106 of them and knew like 4. The heats were straight up and not a single pass after the first lap. That's not eldora or mansfield Im bashing, Just my view. The B mains got better with a couple pushing the envelope and making the transfer.

Eldora isn't the track I remember and went to 10 times a year for 15 years and Im not the only one who feels that way. That everything in the place has improved but the track itself, It definitely isn't the house Earl Built. I've seen three good tracks in the 12 races I've attended since Tony's owned it. One was the Blue Collar Bash that I was one of maybe 200 fans to show on a 38* october day. Another was the USAC/Eldora 50 year anniverssary and last years four crown after the 2.5hr rework. The rest were either overpacked slow motion dust bowls or cancelled for dust, fog, whatever.

The problem with your response to mine is that you ASS/U/ME to know the reasons I post what I did. Break it down.
Last edited by Charles Nungester; 9/18/17 at 8:55 PM.